Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Queenstown



Queenstown, NZ

Welcome to Queenstown, adventure capitol of the world! Home of skydiving, jet boating, mountain biking, rafting, skiing and snowboarding, and much more. Nestled lakeside and at the base of mountains, Queenstown is a picturesque adventure paradise. As soon as I arrived, I booked a 15000 ft skydive for 9am the next morning.

The next day, my skydiving was cancelled due to weather conditions. I decided to do a four hour hike up the nearest mountain to pass the time. Sure enough, it started raining again. I know it’s the wet season, but come on… So the next day, skydiving was cancelled again.

As I received that bad news at the front desk, an elderly couple by the name of John and Kathy offered to take me on a little drive to see the countryside. We drove nearly for two hours to Glenorchy, stopping at all the little hiking spots and view points along the way. That evening, I took them to Ferg Burger to enjoy New Zealand’s best burger, more on that next.


Tried to go skydiving again, though it was cancelled again due to high winds. At this point I was so angry because all I wanted to do in Queenstown was skydive. Instead, I got to walk around a park and find an ice rink with some pick up hockey. Despite the lack of skydiving, Queenstown is still amazing. It's like the perfect ski village at the bottom of the mountain, complete with tall trees and a lakefront. 

No comments:

Post a Comment