Monday, March 19, 2012

Exploring

Sydney, NSW

Decided to check out Sydney on one of my days off. Caught the ferry from Olympic Park to Circular Quay, the main hub in the harbor. I believe that the best way to learn a new city is by randomly exploring. I spent nearly 4 hours looking for signs and following crowds of business men to lunch. I managed to see just about everything this way.

I started off in the Harbor, then headed for the Opera House. Just a two second walk from the ferry. On the opposite side of the harbor there was a Rolling Stones cover band playing from a rooftop, loud enough to hear as I walked to to the Opera House. The Opera House was extremely unique. The white overlapping sails were pretty cool. It was so big that I couldn't get it one nice big picture of the whole thing, at least from where I was standing. I plan on returning to take a tour concert halls inside.

From there I walked into the Royal Botanical Gardens and into the city. Once in the city, I started to follow the crowds, looking for the busy streets. This lead me past Parliament and the Sydney Library. Continued on through George Street to Town Hall, passing multiple clubs and bars. Checked out the huge Westfield Shopping Center, home of the Sydney Tower Eye. Looks like the Stratosphere hotel in Vegas protruding from the top of the mall. I ended my day in Darling Harbor, next to the Hard Rock Cafe Sydney. Picked up some fish n chips, and got back on the ferry home.


No comments:

Post a Comment